I have a confession to make, y’all. As you know, I’m deeply ADD, and this occasionally manifests itself in apparent laziness and/or carelessness. (I get easily overwhelmed by excess stimuli.) Anyway, the way that this connects to laundry is that I’ve never really been all that careful about what goes in the washer with what. I didn’t think it actually mattered that much.
OMG, I was WRONG!
AWM Pro Tip: Never EVER Wash Hoodies and Towels Together!!!!!!
Why not? Let me tell you from personal experience: you will NEVER get all that towel lint off your poor hoodie, and you will live to regret it.
So, if you’re out there adulting without a manual like we are, take away a lesson from my laundry shenanigans. It really is worth it to separate your loads up front. I’m learning and working out my own sort of system that kind of makes sense (at least to me). I do separate, specific loads of laundry now.
- Whites BY THEMSELVES – Use detergent, bleach, and/or Oxy Clean.
- Lights – Use COLOR SAFE bleach and detergent.
- Darks – Wash same as lights, but in their own separate load.
- Jeans – Same as darks, but in their own separate load.
- Towels – ALWAYS wash towels ONLY with other towels and wash cloths, but treat them the same way you would jeans.
It seems kind of like you’re multiplying your work on the front end, but I promise it’ll save your clothes once you work out a system and stick to it.
I think it’s pretty obvious by now that I struggle with consistency in all areas of my life, especially blogging. So, I’ll be taking this post to catch you up on what’s been happening lately, and what’s currently going on in our lives.
What’s been happening?
- We found out we’re having a baby boy! His name is David River Moye, and we can’t wait to meet him!
- I took the past few months to focus on finishing, editing, and self-publishing my first novel, Frost, which I’ve been working on for the past 11 years. If you want to hear more about my professional writing life, check out my blog Chelsea Clemmons Moye | Author.
- I’m working on shifting my focus and rearranging my personal goals and priorities in the wake of achieving my biggest goal for 2017 (releasing Frost). For more information on what my current personal goals are, check out my post “Current Personal Goals” on my personal Chelsea Moye blog.
- We’ve been doing a lot of “adulting without a manual” (or AWM for short) while I took time off from this blog to focus on publishing Frost. I’ll catch you up on the biggest AWM highlights ASAP.
- We’ve had a few “adventures” in the meantime, too, and I’ll be catching you up on those, as well.
What’s currently going on?
- I’ve been out of work since January of 2016, so I’m trying to do a better job of being productive while staying at home.
- We’re doing our best to get the house baby-ready before River arrives!
- I’m trying to finish MTE school without having to pay for another program extension.
- I’m trying to blog more consistently across this blog, as well as the other two mentioned above. So, if you don’t see a post here, check the other two blogs out as well. I may not write a post every day for each blog, but I’m going to try to do at least one post a day between the three of them.
- We’re trying to keep as active and adventurous as we can right now because we don’t really know how our lifestyle is going to change once River arrives. These adventures include travel, trying new things, etc. (Our so-called “adventures” should provide plenty of post fodder for We’re the Moyes in the meantime.)
I think that’s all I have for you guys for now! I’ll see you around!