So, as you can see, I haven’t really gotten around to doing individual posts for each of the topics in my “Upcoming Topics” list from a while back. So, I’m just going to do a fast summary post with the list to catch things up.
- Alan Jackson Concert – It’s not often that you find an artist who sounds JUST AS GOOD live as he/she does on the radio. That’s a pretty rare thing, but let me just tell you that Alan Jackson absolutely does! That man is an ICON of country music, and he still puts on one hell of an amazing concert!
- Tommy James and the Shondells Concert – This was more of a fun ride-along for us than a purposeful concert trip, but I had a great time. It was wonderful to get to see my Mom fangirling over one of her favorite bands from when she was growing up, and the music was familiar and fun. Tommy James and the Shondells still put on a great, high-energy show, and they’re absolutely worth seeing if you’re into the bubblegum music era.
- Shanghai Rummy – This is possibly the most addictive (and cutthroat) card game I’ve ever learned to play. We have a fantastic time every time we play, no matter who we’re playing with.
- Our Babymoon in Manassas, VA/Washington, D.C. & Checking Trenton, NJ Off My Bucket List – As these last few weeks of pregnancy are hitting me (37 Weeks Today!!!), I’m more and more glad that we took this trip when we did. It was such a fantastic adventure, and we made some great memories in the process. I probably will do a more in-depth separate post about our babymoon because it was just so much fun, and it deserves a post to itself. For now, suffice it to say that deciding to go on that babymoon was one of the best choices we’ve made this pregnancy.
- Transition Phase? – This will also probably get a post to itself some time in the near future.
- Adventures In Getting Our House “Baby-Ready” – I actually already did a couple of posts about this one. Go me! ^_^ You can read them HERE and HERE.
- Baby Shower Plans – All I can say on this front is thank GOD for my cousins Shelby and Jennifer. They made sure that I got the shower I wanted, and things went off without a hitch thanks to them. The shower was beautiful, and I’m in the process of adding pictures from it to River’s Virtual Scrapbook.
- Racecar-related Shenanigans: I’ll probably catch this up in a separate post soon!
- Fishing: There will be separate posts about our recent fishing trips, but suffice it to say that we’re not fishing as much as usual with the impending due date getting closer every day!
- Basically Everything We Do Together That I Feel Y’all Might Find Interesting: This is self-explanatory, and I hope to share more with y’all in the near future!
As you probably know from my last post, I’ve been getting the urge to blog while away from my topic lists A LOT lately. Well, I’ve fixed that problem, guys! How? I made my lists portable, and I keep them in my purse now. So, if you’re wondering what’s up next in my post plans, I can tell you!
Upcoming Post Topics:
- Alan Jackson Concert
- Tommy James and the Shondells Concert
- Shanghai Rummy
- Our Babymoon in Manassas, VA/Washington, D.C.
- Transition Phase?
- Adventures In Getting Our House “Baby-Ready”
- Baby Shower Plans
- Racecar-related Shenanigans
- Basically Everything We Do Together That I Feel Y’all Might Find Interesting
Yes, half of these bullet points will probably turn out to be actual post titles because I’m creatively drained, at this point.
You may have noticed that I haven’t made many posts on my author blog recently, and there’s a reason for that. I’m not a good marketer/promoter, I’ve been watching my sales dwindle since Frost’s release, and all I want to do every time I look at that blog lately is whine. Whining isn’t productive, so I’m just not going to go there until I’ve got something positive to share.
Anyway, that’s my little victory for today!
I think it’s pretty obvious by now that I struggle with consistency in all areas of my life, especially blogging. So, I’ll be taking this post to catch you up on what’s been happening lately, and what’s currently going on in our lives.
What’s been happening?
- We found out we’re having a baby boy! His name is David River Moye, and we can’t wait to meet him!
- I took the past few months to focus on finishing, editing, and self-publishing my first novel, Frost, which I’ve been working on for the past 11 years. If you want to hear more about my professional writing life, check out my blog Chelsea Clemmons Moye | Author.
- I’m working on shifting my focus and rearranging my personal goals and priorities in the wake of achieving my biggest goal for 2017 (releasing Frost). For more information on what my current personal goals are, check out my post “Current Personal Goals” on my personal Chelsea Moye blog.
- We’ve been doing a lot of “adulting without a manual” (or AWM for short) while I took time off from this blog to focus on publishing Frost. I’ll catch you up on the biggest AWM highlights ASAP.
- We’ve had a few “adventures” in the meantime, too, and I’ll be catching you up on those, as well.
What’s currently going on?
- I’ve been out of work since January of 2016, so I’m trying to do a better job of being productive while staying at home.
- We’re doing our best to get the house baby-ready before River arrives!
- I’m trying to finish MTE school without having to pay for another program extension.
- I’m trying to blog more consistently across this blog, as well as the other two mentioned above. So, if you don’t see a post here, check the other two blogs out as well. I may not write a post every day for each blog, but I’m going to try to do at least one post a day between the three of them.
- We’re trying to keep as active and adventurous as we can right now because we don’t really know how our lifestyle is going to change once River arrives. These adventures include travel, trying new things, etc. (Our so-called “adventures” should provide plenty of post fodder for We’re the Moyes in the meantime.)
I think that’s all I have for you guys for now! I’ll see you around!
Being an adult is a lot like being a kid, just with more freedom. Today, Lake and I are adulting without a manual at Six Flags over Georgia. Stay tuned for more!
So, I wondered if the season passes we bought were really going to be worth it. I can already say that they are! We’re getting exclusive access to brand new rides today. Love it!
Okay, so coming on opening day had a few unforeseen pitfalls.
- Tons of people because it’s opening day makes for LONG lines.
- New employees haven’t really found the rhythm of working in a theme park yet.
- A lot of the kinks haven’t been worked out of the rides yet. Less working cars means longer wait times.
On the plus side, though:
- Roller coasters are always fun!
- Good food.
- Didn’t have to wait long for the Batman ride.
- There is now a hotline where you can report line jumpers. Security finally cracked down on that rampant problem, and it is no longer tolerated.